Benefits of saving at a young age
- Allows you to save for things you really want such as a bicycle, CD, sports gear, computer etc
- You can buy things with your own money
- See your money grow with you by earning annual interest
- Invest in your own future through a good track record of saving
How to open an Ellie Account
When opening an account, you must be present with your parent/guardian.
- Your birth cert (you would have got one of these when you were a baby) . Your Parent or Guardian will have to bring their photo ID too.
- Your address: e.g. ESB or phone bill in your parents or guardians name.
- Proof of P.P.S. number – you got this number, which is unique to you when you were born. Your parents or guardian will have a record of this special number.
PLEASE NOTE: Money in a child’s account is the sole property of the child and no other person (including the parent/guardian) is entitled to use this money for his/her benefit. For withdrawal rights on minor accounts, please call us on 066 712 2373.
Secondary Schools Credit Unions
We love working with our local schools and have a special educational tool called Clued-In, which gives student life skills on Money Matters. If you would like us to talk to your local school or youth group please call Siobhan on 066 712 2373 (ext 206) or email [email protected]union.ie .
Each year we host a number of Youth Events, click here to read more:
7 lucky Members will each win €1,500 towards their third level studies.
Applications for both the Education and Dan Kellegher Awards will open from 1st August to 30th September 2021 Check back to apply.
The 2020 Credit Union Art Competition is in its 37th year and this year’s theme is “Imagine More”. The Art competition caters for children and adults.
The Noreen Lynch Annual Schools Quiz takes place on Sunday February 2nd 2020. Primary schools throughout Tralee, Castleisland, Killorglin and surrounding areas are invited to attend. There are two categories Under 11’s and Under 13’s. Each school can send a maximum of 2 teams. 1st and 2nd place winner will go onto represent Cara Credit Union at the Regional Finals.
For more information please contact [email protected]
Test your knowledge with the 2018 Stage 1 Questions.