Benefits of saving at a young age
- Allows you to save for things you really want such as a bicycle, CD, sports gear, computer etc
- You can buy things with your own money
- See your money grow with you by earning annual interest
- Invest in your own future through a good track record of saving
How to open a Juvenile Account
When opening an account, you must be present with your parent/guardian.
- Your birth cert (you would have got one of these when you were a baby) . Your Parent or Guardian will have to bring their photo ID too.
- Your address: e.g. ESB or phone bill in your parents or guardians name.
- Proof of P.P.S. number – you got this number, which is unique to you when you were born. Your parents or guardian will have a record of this special number.
PLEASE NOTE ANY CHILDREN FROM AGE OF 7 MUST BE PRESENT WITH THEIR PARENT OR GUARDIAN WHEN OPENING THE ACCOUNT.
Both parents/ guardians need to be present at the opening of the account if both wish to be authorised on the account (up to the child’s 7th birthday).(Please note parents can only withdraw up to the age of 7. Once the child turns 7 both the parent and child need to be present for withdrawals)
PLEASE NOTE: Money in a child’s account is the sole property of the child and no other person (including the parent/guardian) is entitled to use this money for his/her benefit. For withdrawal rights on minor accounts, please call us on 066 712 2373.
A parent or guardian can open an account for a child from Newborn up to 16 years. From the age of 7 the child must be present at the time of opening the account. While a grandparent etc can lodge funds to these accounts, only a parent/guardian authorised on the account can withdraw funds.
Secondary Schools Credit Unions
We love working with our local schools and have a special educational tool called Clued-In, which gives student life skills on Money Matters. If you would like us to talk to your local school or youth group please call Siobhan on 066 712 2373 (ext 206) or email [email protected]union.ie .
Each year we host a number of Youth Events, click here to read more:
7 lucky Members will each win €1,500 towards their third level studies.
Applications for both the Education and Dan Kellegher Awards will open from 1st August to 30th September 2023 Check back to apply.
The 2023 Credit Union Art Competition was in its 39th year and this year’s theme was “Its a wonderful world”. Below are pictures of our winners from different age categories
The Noreen Lynch Annual Schools Quiz takes place on Sunday January 29th 2023. Primary schools throughout Tralee, Castleisland, Killorglin, Ballyduff , Causeway and surrounding areas are invited to attend. There are two categories Under 11’s and Under 13’s. Each school can send a maximum of 2 teams. 1st and 2nd place winner will go onto represent Cara Credit Union at the Regional Finals.
For more information please contact [email protected]
Test your knowledge with the 2018 Stage 1 Questions.
2018 Stage 1 Credit Union level Questions
2018 Stage 1 Credit Union Questions
2019 Stage 1 Credit Union level Questions