If you already have an Access Account (and do not wish to avail of the new and improved Current Account) please note:
- Your Access Account is separate from your Shares (Savings) Account, and does not qualify for a dividend or insurance cover.
- Only sufficient funds to pay bills and make withdrawals should be in your Access Account. All other funds should remain in your Shares.
- When setting up electronic payments for this Account, (Direct Debits, Bill Pay, Electronic Funds Transfers) please use your IBAN and Cara Credit Union BIC as these payments will be processed through SEPA. For further details click here for SEPA
With your Access Account you can:
Click on the Blue Links to OPEN. Click it again to CLOSE
To lodge funds:
- When lodging funds electronically to your Account, please submit a CU Disbursement Form to Cara Credit Union.
A CU Disbursement Form tells Cara Credit Union where you would like your lodged funds to go: in to your Shares, your Loan, your Current Account or in to your Access Account.
Without a CU Disbursement Form, Cara Credit Union will automatically lodge your funds to your Loan (if due for payment or loan is in arrears)and balance to your Shares (savings) Account. If you don’t have a loan (due or in arrears) it will go directly to your Shares. Download the CU Disbursement Form here Disbursement Form fill in and return to our offices.
How to Lodge Funds
Electronic Payments (you may need your IBAN and BIC click here for details)
Electronic Fund Transfers Your Wages, most Social Welfare Payments and Pension.
2. Online through your Bank’s Online Banking facility. Please reference Access Account when lodging funds to this Account.
3. Direct Debit: you can set up a regular payment (direct debit) from your Bank Account to your credit union account. Please visit Cara Credit Union to set up a Direct Debit.
Your Bank can also do this, by visiting your Bank and setting up a Standing Order. Please have your Cara Credit Union IBAN and BIC with you.
4. Payroll Deduction Scheme Any company can set up a Payroll Deduction Scheme with Cara Credit Union.
Lodge funds In Person
1. In Branch. In our branches in Tralee, Castleisland, Killorglin, Ballyduff and Causeway. You can beat the Q by using the Quick Lodge and Withdraw Kiosks in Tralee, Castleisland and Killorglin. * Please note: Lodged cheques will take 6 days to clear.
2. Automatic Top Up: You can use your Shares to fund your Access Account and/or Current Account. Every time you make a withdrawal or pay a bill, funds can be topped up from your Share Account to Your Access Account and/or Current Account by setting up an Automatic Top Up. This will keep your Access Account at a daily level that suits your transactions.
Please note share withdrawals may be restricted if you have a loan, and may affect your Life Savings Insurance Cover for members aged 55 years and over.
To set up an Automatic Top Up call to Cara Credit Union or download the form below and return to Cara Credit Union, Ashe Street, Tralee
How to transfer funds
How to withdraw funds
- Call In: you can withdraw funds from our offices in Tralee, Castleisland, Killorglin, Ballyduff & Causeway. You can beat the Q in our Tralee, Castleisland and Killorglin Branches by using the Quick Lodge and Withdrawal kiosks, once you have signed up for online banking. Click here to sign up .
- ATM & Point of Sale: For Current Account holders you can use your Mastercard Debit Card in any ATM, Point of Sales, Online and Contactless.