Whether you are saving for a “rainy day” or to build up a track record to apply for a loan, regular saving is always a good idea. Saving is a habit and can only be taught by doing. Once you develop the habit it will stay with you for life.
It is not about how much you save, but about developing the habit of saving regularly. So that by keeping the habit going over time, your savings can add up to quite a lot. You can even start small by saving loose coins in our pocket, change in your purse. Every cent helps.
Savings in your Credit Union are called Shares. Each share you hold is equal to €1.00. To be a member you must have a minimum of €6.35 in your Shares (Savings).
The maximum funds guaranteed under the Government’s Deposit Guarantee Scheme is €100,000 per member. Under Cara Credit Union’s policy the maximum a member can have in shares is €50,000.
For further information on Saving, Phone Cara Credit Union 066 712 2373
Ways to save with Cara Credit Union
With Cara Credit Union you have a number of ways to lodge funds to Savings:
1. Call in to our offices in Tralee, Castleisland or Killorglin
2. Use Express Lodge (Tralee office only)
3. Use the E Stamp Balance
An alternative option to our Saving Stamps for short term saving.
4. Direct Debit from your Bank Account
To set up a Direct Debit, call to Cara Credit Union or Tel 066 712 2373.
5. Electronic Funds Transfer / Standing Order from your Bank Account
To set up an Electronic Funds Transfer / Standing Order, please contact your Bank with your Credit Union IBAN and BIC Code.
6. Online through your Bank’s Online Banking facility
Using your Credit Union IBAN and BIC Code.
7. Cara Credit Union CU Online Banking or CU Anywhere Mobile App
Transfer funds from your Credit Union Access “Current” Account to your Loan Balance.
8. Payroll Deduction, Paypath, Social Welfare and/or Pension.
For further information, call to Cara Credit Union or Tel: 066 712 2373