Unique to Credit Unions
Your savings may attract a lump sum payment towards your funeral expenses. (subject to terms and conditions, please click on the links below).
Your savings attract €1,000 (currently) towards funeral expenses and is payable in the event of your death (T&Cs apply).
- You have been a member for 3 months prior to your death.
- You joined before the age of 70.
- You continue to be a member of the credit union and maintain the minimum amount of savings (currently €300), as required by the credit union for inclusion in DBI (this does not apply to members under 16 years of age).
- Other terms and conditions may apply.
- Note the lump sum payable and amount of savings required in your account can change from year to year, so please check with us periodically.
To make a claim please provide Cara Credit Union with a copy of the Death Certificate and the funeral invoice.
Please note just one copy of the Death Certificate is required to claim for all 3 insurance services; Life Savings Insurance, Loan Protection Insurance and Death Benefit Insurance.
For further information please contact Cara Credit Union on 066 712 2373