Unique to Credit Unions
Your savings may attract a lump sum payment towards your funeral expenses. (subject to terms and conditions, please click on the links below).
Your savings attract €1,950 (currently) towards funeral expenses and is payable in the event of your death (T&Cs apply).
Members approve what contribution members pay, at the Annual General Meeting. Members may be asked to contribute towards the cost, with Cara CU covering the remainder of the cost.
You can pay the contribution at any of our offices in Tralee, Castleisland or Killorglin
- You have been a member for 3 months prior to your death.
- You joined before the age of 70.
- You continue to be a member of the credit union and maintain the minimum amount of savings (currently €300), as required by the credit union for inclusion in DBI (this does not apply to members under 16 years of age).
- Other terms and conditions may apply.
- Note the lump sum payable and amount of savings required in your account can change from year to year, so please check with us periodically.
To make a claim please provide Cara Credit Union with a copy of the Death Certificate and the funeral invoice.
Please note just one copy of the Death Certificate is required to claim for all 3 insurance services; Life Savings Insurance, Loan Protection Insurance and Death Benefit Insurance.
For further information please contact Cara Credit Union on 066 712 2373