With our NEW Online Membership Application it has never been easier to join Cara Credit Union.
Click Here to start your Online Membership
Please review the steps below before completing your online membership application:
- Once you live and/or work within our Common Bond of Tralee, Castleisland or Killorglin you are eligible to to join Cara Credit Union (click here to see our common bond):
- Once you are over 16 years:
- Single account only ( for joint account you will need to visit the branch)
Under the Criminal Justice Act 2010 to open an account in a financial institution including Cara Credit Union you must produce:
1: Photographic ID: a current driving licence, a current passport or other suitable form of photographic ID.
2. Proof of Address: dated within the last 6 months a utility bill, government letter or bank statement.
3. Proof of PPS Number: (Personal Public Service Number) Proof of P60, P45, Payslip, Medical Card or correspondence from the tax office.
PLEASE NOTE: Public Services Card no longer a viable source of Photographic ID or Proof of PPS Number
As credit unions are not a specified entity listed under the Social Welfare Consolidation Act 2008 (the 2008 act as amended) we can no longer accept the Public Services card as a source of Photographic ID or Proof of PPS Number.
To Join you need :
- Minimum lodgement of €6.35 in to your Shares (Savings) Account.
To remain an active member you must have a minimum of €6.35 in your Account at all times.
Ready to Go? Click here to get started