With our NEW Online Membership Application it has never been easier to join Cara Credit Union.
Please review the steps below before completing your online membership application:
- Once you live and/or work within our Common Bond of Tralee, Castleisland or Killorglin you are eligible to to join Cara Credit Union (click here to see our common bond):
- Once you are over 16 years:
- Single account only ( for joint account you will need to visit the branch)
Under the Criminal Justice Act 2010 to open an account in a financial institution including Cara Credit Union you must produce:
1: Photographic ID: a current driving licence, a current passport or other suitable form of photographic ID.
2. Proof of Address: dated within the last 6 months a utility bill, government letter or bank statement.
3. Proof of PPS Number: (Personal Public Service Number) Proof of P60, P45, Payslip, Medical Card or correspondence from the tax office.
PLEASE NOTE: Public Services Card no longer a viable source of Photographic ID or Proof of PPS Number
As credit unions are not a specified entity listed under the Social Welfare Consolidation Act 2008 (the 2008 act as amended) we can no longer accept the Public Services card as a source of Photographic ID or Proof of PPS Number.
To Join you need :
- Minimum lodgement of €6.35 in to your Shares (Savings) Account.
To remain an active member you must have a minimum of €6.35 in your Account at all times.