Eligibility for Funding
Approval for all funding will be based on the information received, the reason for the
request, how the funds will be used and benefits to the community it serves.
Cara Credit Union will ensure that the community projects awarded funding are
consistent with the ethos and values of the credit union movement.
• Community projects seeking funding must be located within our common bond
of Tralee, Castleisland, Killorglin, Ballyduff & Causeway and surrounding areas.
• Requests should fulfill a recognised need, benefit the community at large
and be relevant to the majority of Cara Credit Union’s membership.
• The outcome of the proposed projects should be visible and sustainable over
a significant period of time.
• Funding will be given to groups/clubs and not to individual persons.
• Acknowledgement of Cara Credit Union’s financial assistance will be required.
• Proposed projects must have an overall budget of at least €10,000. Cara Credit
Union’s contribution to any given project will be minimum €3,000. While there is
no individual limit imposed, a contribution to any one project exceeding €5,000
will be treated as an exceptional project.
• Proposed projects will be subject to time constraints, e.g. within 1 year.
• Proof of audited accounts, tax clearance certificates, public liability insurances
may be required.